Click on an image above for alternate views of the Digital Juice Split Camera Bag
Digital Juice continues its expansion into the gear protection and transport market with two sizes of pro-level Split Camera Bags. These stylish, lightweight bags offer optimal function and professional looks. They are designed for stowing and carrying your full camera setup when shooting on the go, saving you hassle and time by doing away with the need to disassemble lens, battery and other attached accessories. The simple design, with a full-access center zipper which opens the bag on three sides like a soft clamshell, makes getting your camera in and out of the bag quick and easy. Both bags offer a slim profile that is easy to carry and store, without sacrificing the padded protection you need to keep your gear safe from the normal shakes and bumps of everyday use. With the same high-quality materials, rugged construction, and ease of use as our other bags the Split Camera Bag is one more essential element in your complete production kit.
No matter which size camera you use, from prosumer mid-size camcorder to full on electronic news gathering setup, the roomy and well-padded main compartment in each of these bags cushions and protects the full camera for quick transport to and from your shoot.
The Standard Split Camera Bag is designed to accommodate most mid-size pro and prosumer level cameras such as the Canon XL1, Panasonic AG-HVX200, Sony HVR-Z1U, JVC GY-HD100E, or even a well-equipped RED. The combination of Velcro-attached removable camera cradle, tie-down strap and 6" foam block holds the camera firmly and safely in place, no matter what size and shape.
The Large Split Camera Bag is intended for carrying a fully configured ENG or broadcast-level camera. A reinforced and padded viewfinder cavity provides added protection while external pockets give you room to carry small accessories such as cables, filters and extra batteries if needed.
Features- Just the facts
Benefits- What it means to you
- Lightweight padded plastic-reinforced frame
- Provides flexible, sturdy and stable protection in an easy to carry bag
- Exterior is constructed and sewn with sturdy nylon thread, rugged waterproof nylon fabric, thick nylon web straps, heavyweight YKK zippers, strong woven nylon cord pulls, and soft suede handle grips
- Sturdy construction materials means superior and long-lasting protection for your camera on the road and in the studio.
- Two carry options -- permanent carry handles and a detachable padded shoulder strap
- No matter where you are or how much gear you are carrying, you can safely and comfortably get your camera bags from point A to point B
- Casual good-looking style with pro-level function and performance
- The Digital Juice Split Camera Bags look and act professional. Their unique styling and high quality construction make them stand out, but rugged functionality and ease of use make them an essential part of your production kit.
- Multiple accessory pockets on exterior and interior, zippered and non-zippered, flapped and open
- You get plenty of secure space to carry additional gear like batteries, filters, lens wipes, notepads or portable hard drives -- as well as pockets to hold any of your travel essentials when carrying your bag on-board.
Standard Split Camera Bag
L - 18" / 45.7cm
W - 8.5" / 21.6cm
H - 8.5" / 21.6cm
L - 19" / 48.3cm
W - 12" / 30.5cm
H - 9" / 22.9cm
Weight: 5.5 lbs (2.5kg)
Heavyweight nylon polyester fabric coated with polyurethane for waterproofing on exterior; sewn throughout with nylon thread; flexible lightweight 5mm sun board plastic to reinforce bottom and sides; firm memory foam layer to pad bottom of bag; soft thick foam to pad side walls; dense closed cell foam to reinforce and pad zipper opening on top and ends; high-quality heavy-duty YKK zippers with easy grip woven nylon cord pulls; cross offset metal rings for attaching removable shoulder strap; soft sueded split cowhide handle grips and shoulder strap padding; waterproof vinyl-lined exterior zip pocket; Velcro-attached soft foam pad and camera cradle, Velcro fastener on exterior flap pockets.
Large Split Camera Bag
L - 27" / 68.6cm
W - 7" / 17.8cm
H - 11" / 27.9cm
L - 29" / 73.7cm
W - 10.5" / 26.7cm
H - 12.5" / 31.8cm
Weight: 7.7 lbs (3.5kg)
Heavyweight nylon polyester fabric coated with polyurethane for waterproofing on exterior; sewn throughout with nylon thread; flexible lightweight 5mm sun board plastic to reinforce bottom and viewfinder protector; firm memory foam layer to pad bottom of bag; dense closed cell foam to reinforce and pad side walls and zipper opening on top and ends; high-quality heavy-duty YKK zippers with easy grip woven nylon cord pulls; cross offset metal rings for attaching removable shoulder strap; soft sueded split cowhide handle grips and shoulder strap padding; waterproof vinyl-lined exterior zip pocket; Velcro fastener on exterior flap pockets.
How does this bag differ from your Topload Camera Bags?
The Split Camera Bag is a special purpose bag. It is designed to carry a fully assembled camera for grab and go shooting. The bag provides enough padded protection to keep the camera from damage during regular transport to and from your shoot and enough storage to carry along a few essential accessories but it is not meant to hold and support camera gear and accessories.
I use a RED camera with a long 18mm - 50mm zoom lens. Which bag is best for me?
The Standard Split Camera Bag would be an excellent choice for a Red fitted with the popular 18mm to 50mm lens. However, any RED camera with an attached lens longer than 4" (measured from mounting surface) will not fit properly in the Split series. The Topload series would be a better option for that setup.
I notice some pictures feature a shoulder strap and some don't. Is this an optional item?
No. Both the detachable padded leather strap and the permanent suede grip carry handles are standard with both Digital Juice Split Camera Bags.
Are these bags waterproof?
Although the fabric used is water resistant and the flap covering the center zip for the Split Bags provides some added protection from the elements, it is best not to leave any of the Digital Juice Gear Bags exposed to inclement weather.
Usually when something is engineered to a high level, the sacrifice is weight. How do these bags stack up to the competition?
You can argue that the bag is, in fact, over-engineered for its intended use and weight capacity. However, through careful material selection and frame specifications, the Digital Juice Split Camera Bag's weight is on a par with, or even lighter than, other industry leading bags.
- The heavyweight nylon fabric used in the Digital Juice Split Camera Bags has an excellent tear strength and is very abrasion resistant. It stands up to industry-standard Cordura in every real-world test. Plus, the polyurethane coating provides a waterproof layer between your gear and the elements so you can breathe easy and be assured your camera will be safe when you travel.
- The heavy duty YKK center zipper is covered by a nylon fabric facing flap to protect the zipper from the elements and accidental damage while also helping to keep rain, dirt and dust out of the bag itself.
- The Velcro-attached camera cradle in the Standard Split Camera Bag provides soft reconfigurable protection and support for your camera. When used n combination with a repositionable 6" x 2" x 2.5" foam block, the cradle ensures the camera will not shift and jostle inside the bag.
- The reinforced viewfinder cavity offers padded protection and support for broadcast-level cameras in the Large Split Camera Bag.
- The sturdy foam padding on the top and end zipper areas keeps the split bag sturdy and protective of the camera while allowing the bag to open wide when unzipped for full easy access to the camera.
- A large side zippered compartment pocket opens flat and wide on the Standard bag to let you easily access items such as cables, filters and batteries without disturbing your camera. This area also works perfectly for personal items such as travel documents, pens, phone, money, etc that may be needed when travelling with your camera.
Both the Standard and Large Split Camera Bags are lightweight, easy to carry and provide excellent on-the-go protection for your camera. Just load the bag with your completely assembled camera and head for your shoot, wherever it may be. These bags protect it on the way without getting in your way.