Slyder Power Unit
Watch these examples of slow tracking footage captured with the Slyder Power Unit, both horizontally (Clip 1) and with Slyder Dolly tilted at an angle to add interest to the shot (Clip 2).
Compare footage captured by manually operating the Slyder Dolly carriage, with footage captured using the Slyder Power Unit and see how much smoother you can make your slow dramatic tracking shots.
A dolly shot is one of the quickest ways to add interest and emotion to your films. A subtle push-in can make viewers think they are looking over the shoulder of the actor, while a slide to the side can build excitement for what comes next. Although linear tracking dollies are relatively easy to operate, shooting consistently smooth and stable footage, especially at slow speeds, can still be challenging. Camera operators will often load their dollies with extra weight in order to achieve those slow, controlled and purposeful slider shots you see in Hollywood movies. However, this can increase wear and tear on your equipment, while reducing portability.
But now, with the Digital Juice SLYDER POWER UNIT, you can get those smooth dramatic shots without all the weight. This lightweight, easy-to-use motor drive system is designed for use with our 40 and 64-Inch Slyder Dolly units. Its compact, yet powerful, friction-based motor drive can handle horizontal dolly moves with cameras up to 25 pounds, and angled shots up to 28 degrees with a 3-pound camera setup. This makes it completely possible to shoot smooth linear footage with everything from a RED ONE to a Canon 5D on your Slyder Dolly, while using the Slyder Power Unit. Best of all, there are no complex controls or special apps to install. Simply attach the Slyder Power Unit's motor drive to the trolley of your Slyder Dolly, connect the motor drive to its power control unit with the included cable and you are ready to start shooting gorgeous cinematic footage!
Features- Just the facts
Benefits- What it means to you
- Simple effective friction-wheel design
- Anyone can set the unit up and begin capturing beautiful footage using their Slyder Dolly.
- Variable Speed Control
- By varying the speed of your dolly move, you can set the mood or extend the life of your scene in creative ways.
- Forward/Backward Motion Control
- You can change the direction of your camera motion at the flip of a switch, allowing you to take advantage of unique shooting opportunities when they arise.
- Powerful entry-level drive system
- The Slyder Power Unit can handle horizontal tracking shots with camera setups weighing up to 25 pounds, and will handle angled shots up to 28 degrees with a 3-pound camera setup.
- Quiet motor design
- The stealthy low-noise motor minimizes interference with your audio capture and is less distracting to your talent.
- Powered by eight standard 1.5V AA batteries
- You can source these batteries just about anywhere, and then operate your Slyder Power Unit in remote settings without access to AC power for true portability and ease of use.
Watch this short tutorial video to see how fast and easy it is to setup and operate the Slyder Power Unit on your Slyder Dolly.
The Power Control Unit features a variable-rate speed controller, a forward and backward motion control switch, an On/Off switch and a power indicator light.
For complete mobility, the Power Control Unit is designed to run on eight standard 1.5V AA batteries available anywhere.
The variable speed control knob lets you vary the speed of your dolly move on the fly in real time. You can set the mood or extend the life of your scene in creative, yet repeatable and consistent, ways using the handy numbered dial for reference.
Attaching the Slyder Power Unit's motor drive to your Slyder Dolly is as simple as lining up its two mounting holes with t hose on the top and side of your Slyder's trolley plate, snugging the drive wheel against the side of the Slyder body, and then securing it in place with the included 1/4"-20 mounting knobs. Then, simply connect the motor drive to its power control unit with the included cable and you are ready to start shooting gorgeous cinematic footage.
The Slyder Power Unit's simple design and standardized control set means less time setting up and learning how to operate -- and more time actually shooting and capturing beautiful footage. Plus, because the Slyder Power Unit is designed to seamlessly attach to your 40 or 64-Inch Slyder Dolly with just two knobs, you don't have to buy a new slider to get the precision control needed for world-class footage.
- 1 Slyder Power Control Unit
- 1 Slyder Motor Drive
- 1 DC Power Cable
- 2 1/4"-20 Mounting Knobs
- 1 Mini Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Slyder Power Control Unit
- Dimensions: 6.50" x 3.25" x 2.00" (16.51 cm x 8.25 cm x 5.08 cm)
- Weight: 6.4 ounces (11.34 grams) without batteries
- Slyder Motor Drive
- Dimensions: 4.00" x 3.00" x 3.00" (10.16 cm x 7.62 cm x 7.62 cm)
- Weight: 9.6 ounces (272.15 grams)
By using a dolly shot and varying the speed of your dolly move, you can set the mood or extend the life of your scene in creative ways. To get consistent, smooth tracking at slow speeds a motor drive is nearly essential in achieving consistent stable motion without hand shake. Whether you shoot intimate interview footage, product feature videos or on location action, the compact size and ease of use of the Slyder Power Unit make it a must-have accessory for your Slyder Dolly.