Weighing just under 4 pounds, the Digital Juice ROCKET JIB is a sleek, lightweight and 100% toolless camera jib for run-and-gun filmmakers who shoot on small HD cameras, iphones and GoPros. Its sturdy CNC machined all-aluminum construction can handle everything from a smartphone setup to a DSLR camera weighing up to three pounds. The dual telescopic design allows the Rocket Jib to be extended up to 7 1/2 feet, when mounted to a 50-inch tripod, for an amazing birds-eye camera view. And yet, it collapses down to a compact 34 inches for easy transport and storage.
When you purchase the Digital Juice Rocket Jib, you receive the main dual-arm jib assembly, adjustable balance arm, weight ring, and bonus Digital Juice Shot Bag, along with a deluxe carry case for transport and storage.
Features- Just the facts
Benefits- What it means to you
- Lightweight 100% toolless design
- Quick and easy transport, setup and breakdown on location or in the studio
- CNC machined all-aluminum construction
- Sturdy components offer smooth, fluid operation throughout the entire range of motion, which translates into good-looking, stable footage for you.
- Dual telescopic tube design
- The design of the ROCKET JIB allows it to extend up to 7 1/2 feet for a bird's eye camera view, while collapsing down to 34 inches for easy transport and storage.
- Built-in camera mounting baseplate with 1/4"-20 camera mounting screw and bubble level
- The process of attaching, setting up, and leveling your camera is quick and easy, which is perfect for a fast-paced production environment.
- 8 auxiliary 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes (4 on each pivot point)
- You can attach invaluable accessories such as an LCD monitor, LED light or spare battery pack to your setup.
- Telescopic balance bar with knurled handle grip
- You can fine-tune jib balance while still firmly controlling the action from the rear of the jib.
- Counterbalance weight ring
- Attach any number of available objects for use as a counterbalance weight including sand or shot bags, a weight-filled sock or even a milk jug filled with water.
- Digital Juice Shot Bag
- This waterproof pouch can be filled with shot, sand, nuts and bolts, or even dirt from your location shoot -- and then used as a counterbalance weight for your jib.
- Deluxe soft cloth carry bag
- Protect and organize your jib components while keeping everything together in one lightweight, easy to transport carry bag.
Setting up your Rocket Jib is quick and easy. First, remove the main two-arm jib assembly, adjustable balance bar and weight mounting ring from the deluxe carry bag. Then unscrew the balance bar hand grip, insert the weight mounting ring and re-attach the hand grip. Next, insert the balance bar into the top riser of the jib assembly and secure with the twist knob.
Now you are ready to securely fasten your tripod fluid head quick release plate to the base of the Rocket Jib and mount the Rocket Jib to any sturdy tripod and tripod fluid head.
Finally, with the head of the jib resting on a flat surface, you can attach your camera to it using the included quarter twenty knob. Use the bubble level on the jib's camera base plate to make sure your camera is level. To make adjustments and to extend the length of the jib, loosen the friction knobs on the top and bottom telescopic tubes and rotate the camera base plate until it is level, then re-tighten the knobs on the telescopic tubes.
With the jib and counterbalance arms fully extended, it is a good rule of thumb that
you will need a counterbalance weight that is three and a half times the weight of your
camera in order to achieve horizontal balance. You can use any number of things as
a counterbalance weight -- from a traditional sand or shot bag filled with nuts and
bolts, to a sock filled with sand, or even a milk jug filled with water.
- 1 Dual-arm jib assembly
- 1 Adjustable balance arm
- 1 Weight Mounting Ring
- 1 Deluxe carry bag
- 1 Bonus Digital Juice Shot Bag
- Rocket Jib
- Dimensions (closed bag): 41" x 4" x 8.75" (104.1cm x 10.2cm x 22.2cm)
- Dimensions (jib, collapsed to extended): 47" to 71.2" x 11" (119.4cm to 180.8cm x 27.9cm)
- Weight (in bag): 4.6 lbs (2.1kg)
For run-and-gun filmmakers who shoot on small HD cameras, iphones and GoPros, being able to capture a jib shot on location can mean money in the bank. A jib shot can raise the production value of any project immediately, allowing you to get those hard to get high-angle or low angle shots or to sweep smoothly down into the action for extra suspense and drama. Whether you shoot in a controlled studio or always in a new environment, the Rocket Jib is so lightweight and easy to use and adds so much value, that you will find you never want to be without it.